Re: quake 3?

Subject: Re: quake 3?
From: Charles Stevenson (csteven@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 03:06:50 MDT

Well Carmack has recently taken a liking to Linux... but Kirsch's contract is
up... Carmack is working on his next gen game engine and he doesn't do the
ports.. Graeme Devine will also be working on the next gen engine... this
leaves Loki to possibly do a port... but in the end I don't think the market is
big enough for them to justify a port.

Even if they created a port the 3D acceleration on the PowerPC Linux side is
less than desireable.

But,... I have my fingers crossed too :-)

Regards,
Charles

PS. I'm a huge Q3A fan I used to run a website for Mplayer.com dedicated to it.

--
 Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Workstations and advanced, Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/