magic is corrupted, huh?

Subject: magic is corrupted, huh?
From: Philippe Tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 19:30:34 MDT

I've gotten KDE to work and Netscape to work, but almost any action
(including mouseclicks) that I take on the KDE desktop returns this message:

The file /root/.kde/share/apps/kfm/magic is corrupted
Could not do authorization

Any advice, anyone?

philippe

PS. Word up. It took several tries to get X to run. The first time I
typed startx I got loads of error messages and it returned me to the
console. The second time, I'd run XF86Configurator and it went to a
black-and-white screen with the X-cursor. The third time it went to a
blue screen. The fourth time I'd pressed Ctrl-Alt-+ and Ctrl-Alt-- to
resize the screen and I got a workable desktop. Hah, I finally learned
that Command-Control-Delete aborts X. now my magic is corrupted.