2nd ethernet card for B&W G3

Subject: 2nd ethernet card for B&W G3
From: rgp systems (rgp@systame.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 08:15:51 MDT

Anyone had luck with a 2nd NIC on a B&W G3? I briefly tried a Netgear
FA310TX with the tulip module and got a kernel panic. I recently bought a
Linksys LNE100TX tried it with tulip module but got 'device or resource
busy' when trying to load module.

So, I recompiled the kernel with tulip built-in (2.2.17pre16) but it's still
not seeing the card (ifconfig -a should show all available
interfaces...right?). In X I can use the KDE command center (or whatever
it's called) and look under PCI and it sees an unidentified ethernet
controller in the slot.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Randy Perry