Re: 2nd ethernet card for B&W G3

Subject: Re: 2nd ethernet card for B&W G3
From: cdowns (cdowns@skillsoft.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 08:34:41 MDT

rgp systems wrote:

> Anyone had luck with a 2nd NIC on a B&W G3? I briefly tried a Netgear
> FA310TX with the tulip module and got a kernel panic. I recently bought a
> Linksys LNE100TX tried it with tulip module but got 'device or resource
> busy' when trying to load module.
>
> So, I recompiled the kernel with tulip built-in (2.2.17pre16) but it's still
> not seeing the card (ifconfig -a should show all available
> interfaces...right?). In X I can use the KDE command center (or whatever
> it's called) and look under PCI and it sees an unidentified ethernet
> controller in the slot.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> --
> Randy Perry
> rgp systems
>
> Mac Consulting/Sales

i went through this all last night with a linksys lne100tx, i compiled this
from donald beckers home page:

goto my server and grab this tulip.0-92.tar and tar -xvf tulip.0-92.tar and you
should be golden :)

http://dsbelile.ne.mediaone.net/dsbelile/downloads/tulip-0.92/tulip.0-92.tar

i created the install script, just follow the readme. i take no credit for any
code i just put it together to make an easy install for myself and brother :)

see ya chris.