PCI card to support IDE disks on PPC 7500 w/Linux?

Subject: PCI card to support IDE disks on PPC 7500 w/Linux?
From: Tom Arnold (tarnold@smpllc.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 21:30:00 MDT

Hi,
I'm trying to set up a PPC 7500 as a Linux server to run Apache, MySQL, PHP
etc. and really USE it for my business. So far I've experimented and got all
that working, but with a 5 yr old 2GB external SCSI disk. I'd like to have a
larger and newer disk to trust my data to. The SCSI bus is only a "wide"
(10Mb) interface, so there's not point in buying one of the fast "ultrawide
wizzy blow your doors off" SCSI drive, and generally SCSI drives are getting
harder to find and you pay a premium as well.

SO, I'm tempted to get a card that allows me to run some of the bigger,
cheaper IDE drives in my 7500. I don't want to bother with tweaking or
writing drivers for it though! I'm not interested in nor qualified for that.

Does someone know of a card I can get that will do the job, and preferably
already has a driver that comes on the CS 1.2.1 install???? Or should I just
spring for a SCSI drive?

Thanks.
-Tom