Re: 2nd ethernet card for B&W G3

Subject: Re: 2nd ethernet card for B&W G3
From: rgp systems (rgp@systame.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 21:30:08 MDT

> From: cdowns <cdowns@skillsoft.com>
> Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:34:41 -0400
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
> Subject: Re: 2nd ethernet card for B&W G3
>
> rgp systems wrote:
>
>> Anyone had luck with a 2nd NIC on a B&W G3? I briefly tried a Netgear
>> FA310TX with the tulip module and got a kernel panic. I recently bought a
>> Linksys LNE100TX tried it with tulip module but got 'device or resource
>> busy' when trying to load module.
>>
>> So, I recompiled the kernel with tulip built-in (2.2.17pre16) but it's still
>> not seeing the card (ifconfig -a should show all available
>> interfaces...right?). In X I can use the KDE command center (or whatever
>> it's called) and look under PCI and it sees an unidentified ethernet
>> controller in the slot.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Randy Perry
>> rgp systems
>>
>> Mac Consulting/Sales
>
> i went through this all last night with a linksys lne100tx, i compiled this
> from donald beckers home page:
>
> goto my server and grab this tulip.0-92.tar and tar -xvf tulip.0-92.tar and
> you
> should be golden :)
>
> http://dsbelile.ne.mediaone.net/dsbelile/downloads/tulip-0.92/tulip.0-92.tar
>
> i created the install script, just follow the readme. i take no credit for any
> code i just put it together to make an easy install for myself and brother :)
>
> see ya chris.

Thanks, it worked!

When one comes to the realization that Linux is not an operating system,
But a science project,
Then the dozens of hours spent on tasks that take
An hour on a PC
Or ten minutes on a Mac,
Somehow, seem worthwhile
        Anonymous FTP (frustrated televangelist preacher)

Randy Perry
rgp systems

Mac Consulting/Sales