Re: can't find asm/errno.h

Subject: Re: can't find asm/errno.h
From: Nathaniel Irons (beppo@bumppo.net)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 23:03:11 MDT

On 10/11/00 at 10:47 PM, njolly@netmail.home.com (Neil Jolly) wrote:

> You should cleverly create a symlink ponting to asm-ppc.

I tried this, but it must have been at a different stage of the process.
At some point in the compilation it's trying to create a symlink for asm
to asm-ppc, but it's actually creating one for "include/asm-ppc", which
fails. I didn't see one before, so I must have checked right after I
untarred the source.

With that resolved, make is dying here:

----
make: *** No rule to make target `include/linux/autoconf.h', needed by
`include/config/MARKER'.  Stop.
----

Can anyone translate?

I've been banging my head against makefile mysteries for a whole week. Is there a good complete reference out there? O'Reilly has make book, but it's copyright 1991 -- is that likely to still be useful?

thanks!

-nat