Re: more netatalk pain; encrypted passwords

Subject: Re: more netatalk pain; encrypted passwords
From: Paul Schinder (schinder@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 06:13:02 MDT

At 8:08 PM -0400 10/11/00, rgp systems wrote:
>THere is a 1.4.99 src rpm at sourceforge. I installed this successfully but
>still haven't figured out encryption. The best encryption method to use is
>DHX (which requires openssl to be installed). OS 8.5 and above are
>_supposed_ to be able to use DHX, but I haven't got it working yet.

There's nothing special you need to do except to make sure your
afpd.conf is correct (the comments in the file document it). DHX
works fine, and the Chooser will tell you it's using "Encrypted
Password Transport". The only thing to remember if you're switching
from randnum is that DHX uses your system password, not the .passwd
file. That caught me the first time I switched.

>I'll let you know when I do.
>

>--
>Randy Perry
>rgp systems