partitions for new (old) G4

Subject: partitions for new (old) G4
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 09:52:18 MDT

I'm getting a blowout single processor G4/400 today to be our YDL
web/database server. Woohoo!

We'll be running a variety of virtual host web sites, many of them
relying heavily on PHP/MySQL. There will be some users on the system,
but I suspect most of the space should be allocated to the partition
where the web sites will live rather than user's home directories.

What partitions, and perhaps more importantly what partition *sizes*
should I consider using for a configuration like this?

Best regards,

Gawain Reifsnyder
Guitar.net, Inc.
http://guitar.net