RE: New install on an 7600/120

Subject: RE: New install on an 7600/120
From: Bob Wynne (rdw@plaza.ds.adp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 17:52:06 MDT

Andrew,

If the CD is burned from a mounted image of the cs1.2.1 image file, all the
filenames are changed to uppercase and the installer doesn't recognize the
disk. It needs to be burned without mounting the image. See the recent
thread "Re: need some help with burning cs1.21 image" for more info.

For the record, it appears there is no way to burn the Yellow Dog ISO image
properly using the "Describe" CD authoring software made by Charismac that
comes with Sony CD burners. This was confirmed by Charismac tech support.
Describe doesn't support burning an image without mounting it.

- Bob