Video and Ethernet

Subject: Video and Ethernet
From: Joshua Gitlin (jnet@brandeis.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 17:54:02 MDT

Hey everyone,
        I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss the solution to
the G4 ethernet problem. I am able to boot but not to get ethernet
working. Actually, with some kernels eth0 comes up, but I can't
access anything nor can I ping myself from other computers. I tried
the standard kernel, that doesn't work. I tried Ben's kernel, and got
eth0 up, but it didn't function. I also had no mouse support, so X
wouldn't start. I tried the test kernel on the CD and it booted, but
I had no Mouse _or_ keyboard (oops :o ). Any ideas?

        More importantly, I have to add 'novideo' to yaboot to be
able to boot. if I don't, linux switches to a resolution that my
monitor can't handle. Quite anoying, really, because X is slow, and
has 256 colors. Oh well. Anyone have a G4 and not have to type
'novideo'? Joe?

        Thanks again.

        -Josh