SCSI Tape Drives and USB Devices?

Subject: SCSI Tape Drives and USB Devices?
From: Reid Anderson (resander@cs.hamilton.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 12:08:18 MDT

Issue Number One:
        I have a beige G3 running YDL CS 1.2. I installed a USB card in it so that I can use a usb keyboard and mouse through a USB KVM switch. I tried using the standard apple hockey puck and kid size keyboard, but they didn't seem to do anything (I couldn't login or type startx when I booted the machine. Could someone please post specific directions on how to do whatever I need to do to make the USB devices seen and accepted by Linux??? Thanks!

Issue Number Two:
        So I have this tape drive on loan for the weekend to see if it works. It is an HP6400: 2000. I have it connected via the Apple provided SCSI card and would like to see if it works. How would I find out a) does YDL see this drive, b) can I use it, and c) how do I go about using it (ie- what software/drivers do I need?) If someone could please get back to me on this, it would be greatly appreciated, even more so if it happens sometime this afternoon so I can work on it tonight and tomorrow morning before I go away for the weekend. Thanks!

Reid Anderson
resander@cs.hamilton.edu