SCSI Tape Drives and USB Devices Part Deux...

Subject: SCSI Tape Drives and USB Devices Part Deux...
From: Reid Anderson (resander@cs.hamilton.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 20:33:14 MDT

OK, Issue Number One is solved. I got the built-in tape backup applet to recognize the tape drive and appear to use it properly. Unfortunately, the one tape I have is, well ... a little busted. There's no cover over the tape so when I try to "mount the tape", I get a KDat error: No Tape - There is no tape in the drive. I'll just have to get a few new tapes!

Issue Number Two still remains UNSOLVED! I tried booting with the default Apple kid-size keyboard and hockey puck. No luck. I do see during startup something about USB and that it found a Mouse and keyboard (at least that's what it looks like it's saying) and also a hub which could be the KVM Switch or the keyboard hub. I checked out the PCI listing and found the Processor, the SCSI card, the TV Card, the Video card, and a unrecognized card, this could be a problem since the only card not in that list that the "unrecognized" one could be is the USB card... Anyone have any suggestions, maybe a USB card that YDL supports... Thanks

Reid Anderson
resander@cs.hamilton.edu