Remote Desktop

Subject: Remote Desktop
From: Robert Wynne (rwynne@mac.com)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 00:07:21 MDT

Hello,

I'm trying to get a remote gnome desktop going so I can access my YDL
box (8500) from my imac (on the same local network). I've tried
using MI/X and vnc with varying degrees of unsuccess. Before I keep
beating my head against the wall, let me first ask, is possible to do
this? Has anyone done it? Is there a how-to somewhere I should be
looking at?

I sort of got it working with with vnc, but I've got a major display
problem and can just barely make out that there's a desktop there. I
don't know what to tweak besides the obvious things in the vncserver
script.

Any help would be appreciated.

--

- Robert