Re: proftpd head scratching... AARRGH.. not solved.

Subject: Re: proftpd head scratching... AARRGH.. not solved.
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 12:12:51 MDT

Gawain Reifsnyder's bits of Fri, 13 Oct 2000 translated to:

>>I went into linuxconf and added a secondary DNS server, default
>>domain (my ISP's domain) and a search domain (ISP again) to the Name
>>Server Specification (DNS) section. Restarted inetd, and there it
>>was!
>
>Well, things didn't work out quite as well as I thought they did. I'm
>still pretty sure it's a hostname (or lack of a hostname) issue,
>(good) but I'm not sure what to tweak. (bad) Here's what I did to get
>it working, and why it isn't working now...

Hi - Have you tried adding UseReverseDNS off to your proftpd.conf
file and restarting the server? Not sure if this would be appropriate
for a permanent solution (assuming it does any good), but maybe it will
tell you something useful. There is more info on this setting at...

http://www.proftpd.net/docs/configuration.html#UseReverseDNS

Jim