BUG in DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so

Subject: BUG in DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so
From: Patrick Ladam (pl@tintin.smbh.univ-paris13.fr)
Date: Sat Oct 16 1999 - 12:40:03 MDT

Hi people,

I have YDL_CS1.2 installed on a blue/white g3 400Mhz since
a long time now.
Lately I have been doing some cleaning in order to
save some disk space. So I got rid of a bunch of rpm that did not
sound of interest or importance and also updated a few things.
Since that I have lost functionality of a few applications and particularly
a scientific application for visualizing molecules.
The message I have when I start the application is something like:
BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so : 210 dl-version.c ....
So my guess is rather I have a missing library OR incorrect versions
between 2 related libraries. Unfortunately the error message is
not very indicative.
Does anyone have a clue on how I can track this type of problem?
Help would be really appreciated, I am stuck at that point...
Bye

| Patrick LADAM                   | 				  |
| Laboratoire CSSB                |     THE BIG BANG THEORY:	  |
| UFR SMBH                        | 				  |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin            |   In the begining there was   |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX             |        nothing at all.	  |
| pl@tintin.smbh.univ-paris13.fr  |      Then, it exploded...     |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85     |				  |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77		  |				  |