Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL

Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs MySQL
From: Steve Moitozo (stephen@moitozo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 31 1903 - 21:11:38 MST

I'm sorry to say than I have never tried to connect MySQL and Filemaker via
ODBC.
I don't see any reason that it couldn't be done though. I have imported
data from ORACLE into Filemaker. That worked great. I have no reason to
believe that it would be any different with MySQL, as long as MySQL was
configured --with-ODBC.

Exporting of data from Filemaker could be the bigger thing. I know in
version 4.1 for Mac you do not have the option to export to ODBC. However I
believe the option exists in version 5 (windows versions), not sure about
version 5 Mac.

So it really depends on what type of situation you have.

I built one system that imported data into Filemaker from ORACLE and put
data back into ORACLE via a web form. It sounds funky but it's what the
client wanted and it worked quite well.

Good luck.

Steve Moitozo

steven@moitozo.com