Re: BUG in DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so

Subject: Re: BUG in DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 08:22:00 MDT

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Patrick Ladam wrote:

> I have YDL_CS1.2 installed on a blue/white g3 400Mhz since
> a long time now.
> Lately I have been doing some cleaning in order to
> save some disk space. So I got rid of a bunch of rpm that did not
> sound of interest or importance and also updated a few things.

I hope you didn't use '--nodeps' when deleting things? If you did, attempting
to run 'yup' should point out the missing dependancies.

> Since that I have lost functionality of a few applications and particularly
> a scientific application for visualizing molecules.
> The message I have when I start the application is something like:
> BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so : 210 dl-version.c ....

That does sound like a poor error message... try running 'ldconfig' to update
the symlinks in /lib, /usr/lib, etc.

Or if you know that you removed a library that your app depends on, try
replacing it. :)

-Hollis