Can HTTP be used to upload files like FTP?

Subject: Can HTTP be used to upload files like FTP?
From: rgp systems (rgp@systame.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 08:38:50 MDT

I recently discovered the hard way that clients connecting via passive FTP
can't get through NAT firewalls (Linksys DSL/Cable router). So, I need an
simple, easy alternative for non-computer-literate people to upload files.

My plan is to have a web page present a user login screen. Once logged in
they'd be taken to their ~ directory and could upload/download/delete files.

Can this be done with HTTP? If so, I'd appreciate some guidance on
accomplishing it.

--
Randy Perry
rgp systems