USB Loaded but not responding

Subject: USB Loaded but not responding
From: Reid Anderson (resander@g3.hamilton.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 15:57:35 MDT

During startup (or by using dmesg) I can see the following in the startup
messages:

OHCI USB Driver loading
usbcore: Registered new driver mouse
USB HID boot protocol mouse driver registered.
usbcore: Registered new driver keyboard
usb core: Registered new driver hub

This appears to me as if it found the hardware and loaded the drivers, but
the devices do not respond. They are connected to a USB KVM Switch (this
would be the Hub mentioned above) and that is connected to a USB PCI card
(I can't remember the brand but it is a generic $25 card from
Outpost.com). Anyone have any ideas, comments, or suggestions...

Thanks,
        Reid Anderson
        resander@cs.hamilton.edu

PS- Please do not respond to the g3.hamilton.edu address, please use
resander@cs.hamilton.edu. Thanks!