Re: libXm.so.6 cant open shared obj file

Subject: Re: libXm.so.6 cant open shared obj file
From: Johannes Sienknecht (omega@iosonic.de)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 04:54:14 MDT

>On Mon, Oct 16, Johannes Sienknecht wrote:
>
>> hello everybody hello list!
>>
>> this is my first mail - so i introduce myself as johannes sienknecht.
>> i'm studying mediadesign in weimar germany.
>>
>> yesterday i've installed the champion server 1.2 from the newest iso
>> image out of the net.
>> the problem if i try to start x:
>>
>> libXm.so.6 : cannot open shared object file : No such file or directory
>>
>> how can i handle this?
>
>Install lestiff.
>

>Gruss Olaf
>
>--
> $ man clone
>
>BUGS
> Main feature not yet implemented...

Hello,

thank you olaf. i've installed lestiff but it still "cannot open
shared object file" ... -):

i'm working on a beige g3 300mhz mt (last one before b/w) ... and
i've mac os 9 istalled.
till now i've tried 5 different installations from the iso ... is it
possible that the iso is damaged, even when i can run the
installationprocess?

is someone else working with this setup and from this installation
iso-image without problems? is there some link<->missing?

btw - what is this mysterious libXm.so.6? may i can download an
updated version of the needed files?

cheers,

johannes