Re: Change permissions of mounted partition

Subject: Re: Change permissions of mounted partition
From: darren david (darren@extension11.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 18:44:22 MDT

I managed to mount the drive with 777 access through changing my
umask settings, so now any valid user can mount the drive via the
chooser and copy files, but writing directories is another story.
Basically, if I do a Command-N to create a new directory, I get the
error "You cannot create a directory in the shared volume 'MacShare'
because you do not have enough access priveleges." However, 3 seconds
later, an "Untitled Folder" shows up anyway.

I've double checked the sharing prefs on the mounted drive, and there
is global r/w access. Any thoughts now?

Thanks,
Darren

--