Re: CS 1.2 -> 1.2.1

Subject: Re: CS 1.2 -> 1.2.1
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 11:48:46 MDT

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, cdowns wrote:

> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
> > This is getting to be frustrating. All I want to do is upgrade to 1.2.1 so
> > that I can see if the ATI Rage 128 Pro support in the latest versions is
> > better than in 1.2.
> >
> > I don't find any instructions online about upgrading from 1.2 to 1.2.1. I
> > swear this is like pulling teeth.
>
> thats why i dont run ydl they dont have there sh$#! together yet :) maybe soon
> they will...... hopefully.

Folks, please. 1.2.1 is 1.2 plus the security and bugfix updates you see
in that directory. And personally I think writing yup is indicative of
getting our shit together...

If you can't use yup because it's too immature to handle firewalls, then
you're left to upgrading by hand, just like almost every other Linux
distribution out there.

Jolly Roger wrote:
> ...and Linux PPC does?? My experience with Linux PPC was much worse.
> What's the alternative?

I would also like to add that I used to work for LinuxPPC, and they have
significantly less shit together.

SuSE shows promise but is still a bit buggy and x86-oriented it seems
(ignoring design decisions like YaST). You could always run Debian...

-Hollis
Terra Soft Solutions Inc.