Re: ATI Rage 128 Pro acceleration

Subject: Re: ATI Rage 128 Pro acceleration
From: Darren Graham (dfgraham@scs.dera.gov.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 02:48:04 MDT

I have a 17in apple studio display and a g4 agp with an ATI rage 128pro.
The kernel I'm running is 2.2.15pre19-ben1. I do not use "no video" in my
yaboot.conf. If i do then the kernel does not even boot.
I run the monitor at 1024x768x24. No idea what Hz though All seems fine.
How do i know if the acceleration is working at all?

Darren

At 12:53 18/10/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I am not sure what was meant by "full ATI Rage 128 Pro support", I am just
>trying to figure out how I can *not* pass novideo. Right now, with *any*
>of the current kernels, the resolution fails.
>

>-Josh

>>By "full ATI Rage 128 Pro support" do you mean that the card is correctly
>>accelerated, and you do not have to use the "novideo" kernel argument?

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.
"We seek not the answers but to better understand
the question"
- Kane, Kung Fu
Darren Graham
Scientist Tel +44 (0) 1252 392819
Space Department Fax +44 (0) 1252 396310
DERA Farnborough
Hampshire email:
United Kingdom dfgraham@scs.dera.gov.uk
GU14 0LX