ADC support

Subject: ADC support
From: Trevor (tsmith@ciberlynx.net)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 06:33:42 MDT

i have a G4 Cube 450 with the clear Apple Studio Display 17", i installed YDL on it, the 1.2.1 version, but when i run Xconfigurator i don't get any video options at all it just detects the card and that's it, in fact i can not boot into linux without linux-novideo, which sticks me in 8bit resolution, which sucks. I've completely started from scratch, formatted re-installed, still i dont get any vid options.

anyone else run across this? i'm sure that it's the ADC plug, because when i use my normal VGA monitor its fine, i can just type linux and it boots up and it sees the monitor no problem, if i do it with the ADC monitor, typing linux yields me the booting..... then a blank screen. anyone done this on a cube, or a tower with the ADC connector, anyone have any ideas, i've tryed everything that i know of.?