YDL Champion 1.2 post install failed boot (kernel panic)

Subject: YDL Champion 1.2 post install failed boot (kernel panic)
From: Micah Almond (malmond@vt.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 08:43:09 MDT

I have installed YDL on serveral macs here at work before. For the
past few days I have failed to get it to install on this one box. I
have tried to installed from a burned ISO and from three different
FTP sites; all producing the same errors. My experience is from an
Intel,Sparc, and Alpha world so having something like BootX instead
of lilo is a new one for me.

If someone could help get past this error on boot I would be most appreciative.
I searched the past two months archives for an error like this;
however, time is limited and I could not find a search option for the
mailing list archives.

On boot into Linux it finds the drives and everything okay, then it
gets to this:

Freeing unused kernel memory 156k init 32k prep
WARNING: unable to open an initial console
kernel panic: No init found try passing init= option to kernel

Specs are:

Beige G3
256 MB RAM
IBM ATA HardDrive
Built in SCSI Iomega Zip 100

Harddrive partitions:

/boot 256 MB
/ 1G
/usr 1G
/usr/local 2G
/home 2.5G
/var 3G
/www 8.9G
swap 256MB

This becoming a test and tear up server for many new technologies
that we are implementing; so I hope to be able to get this running.
Thanks for your time and information.

--
Micah Almond
Programmer