Re: YUP error

Subject: Re: YUP error
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 10:01:35 MDT

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 06:22:03PM -0400, Robert Vogt IV wrote:
> Mr. Stillwell,
>
> It still won't update. Running 'yup --ignore-deps update' produces:
>/usr/sbin/yup <update | install | remove | config | clean>
>
> Running 'yup update --ignore-deps' produces:
>Reading RPM database... (100%)
>Performing depdencies sanity check...
>Error: Unable to satisfy dependency webserver for package php
>
> What should I do?

I'm guessing that you may still have an old version of yup installed on
your system. The latest released version is yup-0.6.5-1. You can check
which version you have by running `rpm -q yup`. Normally yup would
automatically upgrade to this version, but with the broken dependency
tree it can't. So if you have an older version of yup installed right
now, I would recommend downloading the latest from here and installing
it:

ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/champion-1.2/ppc/RPMS/

However being a former systems administrator myself, I would recommend
incorporating your changes to apache into the SRPM and recompiling it to
a binary RPM. It's really pretty easy once you learn the basics and
it'll save you the next time there's an updates to apache! For example
apache 1.3.14 came out recently and in your current setup it would
probably take you a bit of time to update, while with RPMs you can fix
your patch and the update will take care of everything else. Not to
mention that yup will work right away since it will find all of the
dependencies it needs. :)

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.           | Software Engineer
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/   | bstill@terraplex.com