Re: failed to exec modprobe -- serious trouble

Subject: Re: failed to exec modprobe -- serious trouble
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 17:51:23 MDT

> On Sat, Oct 21, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
::snippage::
> Can I reinstall YDL
> (without formatting the disks) and still have all my data be
> there? Is there a less drastic measure?

Depends on where your data lives. If all your stuff is in /home, and /home is a
separate partition, just don't format it, and the installer'll leave it alone
(though you may have to set up your user accounts again).
OTOH if you've got one big partition with everything in it, I think you're going
to have a harder time.

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>
dba Windhorse Studio * Maps & Information Design

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."