cdrecord with firewire CDRW?

Subject: cdrecord with firewire CDRW?
From: Peter Kim (pjkim@excite.com)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 17:58:39 MDT

I just bought a QPS firewire CDRW. To my dismay, I found out that you can't
burn an ISO disk image with the provided software, Toast 4.1.1. It seems
that this basic and important function was removed with the upgrade from
version 3.5 (possibly to encourage users to upgrade to Toast Deluxe for
$100).

I feel that this is especially crappy since the provided PC software allows
you to burn a disk image.

Rather than reward Adaptec for slimy business practices, I was wondering if
I could use the drive to burn a disk image using cdrecord. Does Linux
support the use of a firewire CDRW?

Thanks.

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html