Re: Bootstrap Partition on Pismo

Subject: Re: Bootstrap Partition on Pismo
From: Rob and Laura Leatherwood (robandlaura@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 09:37:19 MDT

Reuben,

The only reason for the bootstrap partition is to use ybin which is a
bootloader. ybin displays a menu so one can boot Linux, MacOS X, MacOS,
Netboot or boot from a CD from a menu and not worry booting into open
firmware. As for specifing the locations in yaboot.conf the '\\' in
hd:x,\\vmlinux refers to the system folder and '\' in hd:x,\yaboot refers to
the root directory if the vmlinux kernel is on a MacOS partition.

If you want more information about ybin, go to http:\\www.penguinppc.org and
click the user resources link.

Hope this helps.
Robert Leatherwood