RS/6000 Boot hanging

Subject: RS/6000 Boot hanging
From: Eric Reischer (emr@engr.de.psu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 20:50:31 MDT

I've been tearing my hair out for the past month trying to get my RS/6000
43P 260 to boot a Linux kernel, but unfortunately I haven't gotten
anywhere. I've tried booting over 100 times on over 2 dozen different
kernel images. This is the furthest I've gotten (using the YDL_CS1.2.1
zImage):

boot net:,\bootfiles\zImage root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1 ok chrpboot
starting....
<blah blah blah>
calling quiesce... <then hangs forever>

Anybody know what my problem is? Any assistance, such as a new kernel
image to try, instructions, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric