Re: Odd Boot Problems

Subject: Re: Odd Boot Problems
From: philippe tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 01:53:04 MDT

> I'm having an odd boot problem. When I boot up, I get image not
> found messages. My yaboot.conf file has the following default
> settings:
>
> image = hd:9,\\vmlinux
> label = linux
> root = /dev/hda13
> initrd = hd:9,\\ramdisk.image.gz
> initrd-size = 8192
> append = "video=aty128fb:vmode:17"
>
> That image will not load. However, at the boot: prompt if I type in
> "hd:9,\\vmlinux" everything boots up fine. Any idea why?

There's some bizarreness going on with the number of backslashes one must put in
the yaboot.conf; one version of yaboot needs \ whereas another needs \\

you might try

image=hd:9,\\\\vmlinux

especially if your vmlinux is in the system folder of the startup partition.
The rest of your syntax appears correct to me, although I'm a gnubee.

peace

philippe

Also I > downloaded the new kernel from Ben's site & it seems to boot me
into > the open firmware, as opposed to the kernel on the CD which works >
fine. I'm running a 400mhz Pismo. >