gnome help

Subject: gnome help
From: jonathan (bertsch.13@osu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 23:22:09 MDT

I finally got XF4 on my pismo laptop, I just need some advice on
configuring it for gnome. When I startx I get KDE, and init 5 gives me
the menu with the choice, but when gnome it dosent start enlightenment,
it starts the kde window manager(kwm i think). I havent gotten helix
gnome yet, but how do I start gnome with enlightment without kde getting
in the way? And is it possible to remove kde completly and only have
enlightenment and gnome? Could it be removed with something like "rpm
-e `rpm -qa | grep kde`"? I tried installing ydl without it, but it
seems that it cannot be done...

--
-Jonathan  Bertsch
bertsch.13@osu.edu