Re: YDL is a no go......

Subject: Re: YDL is a no go......
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 02:28:24 MDT

I have had a similar problem (and still no good solution) but here is a
suggestion that may help ...

I think the problem is that the newer (2.2.17) kernel does not, by default,
list the daemons as they start up. The older kernels would put up a long
list of information as programs were started. So you get absolutely no
information after the "booting ...".

Your screen may be remaining blank because X Windows isn't starting
properly. It is probably being launched at the end of the start process
with a configuration that fails. As a result of this Linux may be running
but is unable to start a console session - hence appears dead. You may be
able to telnet into the Linux box in which case you can run Xconfigurator
and reboot. This may solve the problem. You could also try a process of
booting into MacOs, setting a new video resolution and then booting Linux.

I'm sorry this isn't a definitive answer - I hope it helps.

  Iain