help please

Subject: help please
From: jonathan (bertsch.13@osu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 13:55:27 MDT

I'm sure you are all tired of hearing aobut Xfree4.0, but there are still some issues I can't seem to work out. I cannot seem to get X to run using the latest one of bens kernels. It will work fine under the kernel that came with the cs 1.2.1 install, but I want the latest kernel, you know something with sound. I have everyting in order for the latest kernel, the modules, the system map, and the device update, but when I try and start X it
complains that it cannot open /dev/adbmouse. Do I need to add something to the XF86Conf(which I downloaded with the xf4.0 rpms)? I don's see why I should since it runs on the install kernel(but if anyone can tell me how to get my usb logitech mouse to work and the trackpad I would be very apreciative). Oh, im running a 2000 powerbook, pismo, firewire, whatever....

Also does anybody have gnome 1.2, the helix thing? Is it worth it, and was instalation easy? Does it still run on enlightenment?

I do hate to keep asking all these questions, maybe some day I'll write one huge faq!!