Re: Installed But Can't Boot YDL 1.2.1 on New iMac

Subject: Re: Installed But Can't Boot YDL 1.2.1 on New iMac
From: philippe tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 00:52:06 MDT

> My yaboot.conf file is a follows:

> image = hd:,\\vmlinux
> label = linux

try changing this line to

 image = hd:,\\\\vmlinux

> If I reboot the machine with the space bar held (which
> the manual says to do) the machine just hangs at a
> grey screen.

Hm. As a last resort you might try switching off the machine (and starting
from a truly cold boot). I only suggest it because it worked for me.

> I get a yaboot program, but when I try to boot linux I
> get missing kernel or something!?

Possibly the version of yaboot you have interprets \\ to mean "root," which
means that \\\\ means "System Folder." Another version of yaboot interprets the
backslashes differently. You may want to experiment.

good luck (you're very near to booting it seems to me)

philippe