3 button emulation on blue G3 w ydl 1.2.1

Subject: 3 button emulation on blue G3 w ydl 1.2.1
john.newsom@bsd405.com
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 06:26:52 MDT

We just received a preloaded harddrive with ydl 1.2.1 for our powermac blue and
white G3. I must say, it works great! Found the accelerated video rage pro
128, screen size settings worked the first time.

 Now, I am trying to get 3 button mouse emulation. On my lombard I just added
an append to the yaboot.conf file, such as adb_buttons=1,103,111. However, this
doesnt work, I assume because we are not dealing with an adb type device. Is
there something comparable for the usb kbd/mouse? I selected universal usb
mouse in the setup menu.

I fooled around with the keypad config suggested by the g3 pages on the linuxppc
and other places, using shift numlock, and other numlock modifiers, and had very
inconsistent results. Sometimes the 5 key would work as right click, sometimes
the plus key. Very confusing.

John Newsom