Re: yup error, cdrom on pismo, icq and html editor

Subject: Re: yup error, cdrom on pismo, icq and html editor
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 09:51:00 MDT

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Florian Kohl wrote:

> yup exits with the following error:
> Error: Unable to satisfy dependency libgtop_common.so.1 for package
> gnome-core

Before yup does anything it checks to make sure all installed rpm's have
all the dependancies they need. In your case, you have a missing
dependancy.

You can run yup with --ignore-deps to avoid the system check, but a more
longterm solution would be to install the package which provides libgtop.
I can't remember what that is off the top of my head, but if you check
http://penguinppc.org/usr/search you should be able to find it.

-Hollis