Re: can't dual boot CS 1.2.1 and Mac OS X beta on dual g4

Subject: Re: can't dual boot CS 1.2.1 and Mac OS X beta on dual g4
From: Phill Zarfos (zarf@home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 15:47:18 MDT

Rafael,

I installed YDL on the first IDE drive (master).
Mac OS X beta was on the second IDE drive (slave).

The YDL install seemed to go OK (everything installed) but when I rebooted
it skipped the first IDE. I'm not sure how it did that. I'm new to Mac
but I've been using Linux for years. Open Firmware, yaboot and BootX are
new to me.

OS X is totally different from OS 9, so I couldn't really apply what was
on Benjamin's page. ie. nothing there really described what I was looking
at.
I'm curious if the OS 9 install works, I might have to revert back to OS 9
if that's the only way to boot Linux.

Phill Z.
zarf@home.com