Macally 2 button mouse - new problems

Subject: Macally 2 button mouse - new problems
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 08:04:55 MDT

I bought a MacAlly 2 button ADB mouse (I should have checked the mailing
list first ;-) I read quite a few postings concerning this mouse but they
didn't help.

Specifically,

 - mousemode 3 66 will not work with my kernel which is 2.2.17 (only
mousemode 3 1 and mousemode 3 2 will work)

- the kernel seems to include a patch for the MacAlly mouse although it is
stated to be experimental.

I cannot get the mouse to work correctly in 2 button mode and would
appreciate some suggestions as to what to try next.

There is a difference in the way the buttons operate (the left button acts
like the conventional Mac button and the right button works a bit like the
left button but with a "latch" effect). Neither button pops up a menu.

  Iain Stevenson