Re: Newbie in need of serious help

Subject: Re: Newbie in need of serious help
From: Josh Smith (irilyth@infersys.com)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 13:45:42 MDT

JBS> If it works like Red Hat (and I think it does, but I don't have a YDL
JBS> system handy to check it out), I think it's actually /etc/inittab; look
JBS> for the line that's something like
JBS>
JBS> id:5:initdefault:
JBS>
JBS> and change that 5 to a 3.

Uh, that was a little unclear -- you'd only want to change the 5 to a 3 if
you wanted the system *not* to come up in X by default. If you want X to
come up by default, but it doesn't now, then you probably currently have

  id:3:initdefault:

and you'd want to change that 3 to a 5 (and reboot to test it out). Sorry
for the confusion.

                                      -Josh (irilyth@infersys.com)