Another question considering yboot not finding the image

Subject: Another question considering yboot not finding the image
From: Adam (adamhadm@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 07:00:40 MDT

I have every thing working very well with ybin and yaboot except I
can not start into linux.. Booting into Mac OS 9.04 works like a
charm but when I press l for linux in the menu it goes to yaboot and
then it tells me ...

Welcome to Yaboot version 0.8
Config file read, 648 bytes
boot: <NULL>

Image not found... try again
boot:

here is my yaboot.conf file

## Example yaboot.conf for ybin and yaboot >= 0.6
## see man yaboot.conf for more details.

## Change to your bootstrap partition ie: /dev/hda2
default=Linux
boot=/dev/hda9
ofboot=hd:9
device=hd:
delay=10
timeout=20
enablecdboot
macos=/dev/hda8
install=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/ofboot
defaultos=macos

## Comment out if you have a newworld compatible nvsetenv (ybin can
## likely detect the incompatible version) when commented out ybin
## will update the boot-device variable in OpenFirmware to the
## bootstrap partition.
##nonvram

image=/dev/hdb9/vmlinux
        label=Linux
        root=/dev/hdb9
        partition=hd disk@1:9

I have also tried

image=/vmlinux --> with the kernal on the / directiory and in many
other places too
        label=Linux
        root=/dev/hdb9
        partition=9

and still nothing

I have been using much time trying this out and I have so much to
do.... Can any one help me with this dilemma?

my root file system is on my slave ata drive in partition #9

   Adam Done Studios,
Commercial Photography
      and Digital Imaging