Re: System Install on G4

Subject: Re: System Install on G4
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@netmail.home.com)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 17:39:33 MDT

On Saturday 28 October 2000 08:59, Neil Jolly wrote:
> I'm trying to assist a friend of mine (over the phone)who's trying to
> install linux on his G4. He wants to change the disk partitions, and
> reinstall a fresh system, but when he boots from the install disk, he gets
> no usb support. As you can imagine the install doesn't go much further
> since the keyboard, and mouse are both usb. Is there a way around this?

Found the problem. He had an extra keyboard & mouse attached to use inside
the studio ( a musician ), and the install cd wouldn't work with the extra
hardware attached. Thanks for all the replies.

--
"Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception of