Re: any suggestions?

Subject: Re: any suggestions?
From: philippe tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 17:44:56 MDT

Jonathan Bertsch wrote:

> Does anybody have any sugestions on how to get bens latest kernel
> running with xf4, running cs 1.2.1, it works with the kernel from the
> install, but not one of bens latest. Im running a pismo laptop, and
> would like to have sound with my newly installed helix gnome(very nice).
> I think it has something to do with the mouse??
>
> --
> -Jonathan Bertsch
> bertsch.13@osu.edu

http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/

czech out Ben's page; he's got some instructions to run to enable the
mouse:

su -
     cd /dev
     rm usbmouse
     rm mouse
     mkdir input
     mknod input/mice c 13 63
     ln -s input/mice mouse
     ln -s input/mice usbmouse

peace

philippe

note: once you've run these commands, the mouse won't work on non-Ben or
non usb-upgraded (or whatever) kernels. You will have to unrun them. .
. .

--

# # # #