YDL does not like my new iBook. Not one little bit.

Subject: YDL does not like my new iBook. Not one little bit.
jrogers@mjrogers.com
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 21:36:46 MDT

When I boot off the YDL CD that I created from the .iso image I get the
following:

<Cut Here>

Welcome to Linux, kernel 2.2.17-0.6.1
started at : 0x0 <more hex digits>
linked at : 0x0 <more hex digits>
frame buffer at : 0x0 <more hex digits> <more nonsense>
MSR : 0x0 <more hex digits>
HID0 : 0x0 <more hex digits>
ICTC : 0x0 <more hex digits>

booting......

</End Cut>

And that is it. The machine just sits there. I have camp out on the
power switch to shut it down.

I am trying to install YDL on the new special edition iBook, the one with
the 466 processor. I have a single 10GBish drive, 128MB RAM and an
AirPort card. The drive has two partitions, the first with OS9 and the
second with OS/X. I'm planning on overwriting the OS/X partition with
YDL.

I've searched the archives, I could not find any similar problems. So,
anybody have any ideas before I go download a different Linux distro.

-JeffR