Please Help

Subject: Please Help
From: root (tyazbeck@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 11:21:48 MST

Hi,

I have just installed YDL Champion Server 1.2 on a G3 300 beige tower.
I am having problems with 3 things.

1) I can't get the sound to work! There is no sound whatsoever. Is there

a special way of getting it to work?

2) Whenever I click on the CD-ROM icon on my desktop..I get the message
that ISO9660 is not supported by the kernel. However, when I put a music

CD, my CD player actually plays it, but no sound comes out.

3) I got the video drivers working. I am currently at 800*600
resolution, but at 8 bit. How do I get it to work properly at 24 bit?
When I type startx -- -bpp 16 or 24, my screen gets all screwed up. It
seems like it'll only display properly at 8 bit. Is there a solution to
this?

Also, I used the "yup update" command. It updated several things on the
machine. My question is; since I used YUP, is that the same as getting
the Champion server 1.2.1. Does yup update eveything?

In my BootX control panel, the kernel selected is vmlinux. Should I be
using something else here?

Thank you very much for all help

Regards,

Tony