Re: RS/6000 Network boot problems

Subject: Re: RS/6000 Network boot problems
From: Eric Reischer (emr@engr.de.psu.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 18:09:24 MST

43P model 260. I'm beginning to think they only made about a dozen of that
model because the only people who have even heard of that model are the
people at IBM, and even then it's still hard finding somebody who knows
about the model.

At 08:02 PM 10/29/00 , you wrote:
>On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Eric Reischer wrote:
>
> > I'm having a small problem that is turning out to be a bigger pain than I
> > expected. I have an IBM RS/6000 machine that I'm installing Linux on, but
> > when I try to get it to boot off the network, it contacts my bootp server
> > (which happens to be an intel Debian box) and starts to download the
> > file. The strange thing is, it only fully completes the download about
> 1/4
> > of the times I try to get it to download.
>
>You should really ask on the linuxppc-workstation list at lists.linuxppc.org.
>Also, what type of rs6k is it?
>
>-Hollis

Eric Reischer "You can't depend on your eyes
emr@engr.de.psu.edu if your imagination is out
of focus."
emr@ccil.org -- Mark Twain