Basic Use Questions

Subject: Basic Use Questions
From: Howard Shere (hshere@greendragon.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 03:21:06 MST

I plan to do some programming, but before I can do that I need to get the
system in a state where I can use it.

Does anyone know if there are any file managers which work more like MacOS?
I don't need a complex window with a file tree or something like Windows.
Simple finder like windows is what I desire. I also need a file manager
where double clicking a folder opens a new window rather than changing the
contents of the current window.

I downloaded CodeForge (well, I am trying, but it is stalled right now) to
work with. Has anyone used this on Yellow Dog?

Is there a way to get X to remember my video mode and use it again the next
time it is launched? Is there a control panel to change my video mode and/or
see what video mode I am currently in? I know how to switch res with the
keyboard, but I'd like to be able to change my depth.

I'm just trying to get the machine in a more Mac-Like state so I can work
with it.

 Gridz 1.3 ---- www.gridz.com ---- NetSpace will never be the same again
Howard Shere | Green Dragon Creations | Water Valley Interchange
President | 301 N. Main St. | P.O. Box 70
Software Sculptor | Water Valley, MS 38965 | Water Valley, MS 38965