Re: Please Help

Subject: Re: Please Help
From: Tony Yazbeck (tyazbeck@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 09:23:09 MST

> > 1) I can't get the sound to work! There is no sound whatsoever. Is there
> >
> > a special way of getting it to work?
>
> try putting: alias sound dmasound in /etc/conf.modules
> If this doesn't work you'll probably need to build a new kernel (2.2.17)
> with DMA sound enabled.

I have the 2.2.17 kernel. Can U please explain how you enable dma sound in
that kernel. When I reboot, I still get a failed message when the OS is
trying to startup sound because its still pointing to the old module. Is
there a way to fix that?

> > 2) Whenever I click on the CD-ROM icon on my desktop..I get the message
> > that ISO9660 is not supported by the kernel. However, when I put a music
> >
> > CD, my CD player actually plays it, but no sound comes out.
>
> check the kernel - ISO9660 may not be enabled by default.

Im new to little, can you provide a little more detail please?

Thanks

Tony