Kernel build crapped out

Subject: Kernel build crapped out
From: Eric Reischer (emr@engr.de.psu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 22:47:17 MST

I tried to build a kernel on my newly built cross-compiler this evening,
and after about an hour of compiling the zImage, it gave the the following
error:

powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu-ld -T arch/ppc/mm/mm.o <blah blah blah on same
command for about 11 lines)
drivers/input/inputdrv.o: In function 'keybdev_event':
drivers/input/inputdrv.o(.text+0x16bc): undefined reference to 'emulate_raw'
drivers/input/inputdrv.o(.text+0x16bc): relocation truncated to fit:
R_PPC_REL24 emulate_raw
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong; or if it's a bug, is there a patch?

Eric Reischer "You can't depend on your eyes
emr@engr.de.psu.edu if your imagination is out
of focus."
emr@ccil.org -- Mark Twain